If there’s one thing we’ve learned about digital marketing over the years, it’s that trends are ever-evolving. It’s essential to understand what is coming and going within the digital marketing landscape to better leverage your brand and stay relevant with the times.
At MindStream Creative, we understand that keeping up with the ever-changing trends can seem daunting. So, we’ve done the research for you. Keep reading for 5 of the latest digital marketing trends of 2023 and how you can best implement them into your own strategies.
5 Predicted Marketing Trends for 2023:
- Create user-generated content. People are more likely to trust a person than a business, so for this reason, it is important that you get current customers to vouch for you. This will help create an immediate sense of trust and credibility, enhancing the likelihood of them choosing your business or service over a competitor.
- Artificial Intelligence. AI has been on the rise in marketing trends over the past few years. Now, more than ever, this trend is catching on. Marketers are increasingly relying on AI-powered tools to help them better assess the vast amounts of data that are attached to their efforts. It is helping them better understand consumer behavior and trends, develop marketing strategies and campaigns, create content, and measure the effectiveness of their strategies.
- Short-educational videos are in. One of the biggest challenges related to marketing is attention spans or lack thereof. Currently, it is reported that the average person’s attention span is just 8 seconds, down from 15 seconds in 2000. Based on this, it’s easy to see the dilemma of capturing attention in a content-saturated market. So, how do you stand out from the crowd? Short-educational videos are how. You have to be quick and effective with your message, so use a short video that adds educational value to get your audience’s attention. Ideally, this should be done in a time span of 30-seconds-to-3-minutes.
- Social Responsibility & Inclusivity. People want to see a brand that accommodates all customers/users and they want to know what you, as a company, stand for. When assessing your current efforts, ask yourself does your website state your values? Are there certain social causes that it’s obvious your company supports? Do you provide features that assist the disabled community in navigating your website? Displaying these opinions and additional options can be helpful in attracting more visitors and enhancing your relationships with existing customers.
- Clean, aesthetic website design. In order to attract users to your website, it’s important that it’s appealing to the eye. The web design trend this year is to feature plenty of empty space between content and imagery. This offers a unique opportunity to let the content stand out. This can also help the user experience not feel overwhelming. The current top-performing websites feature unique, customized graphics. Users are not favoring generic images anymore. They want to see who you are and how you stand out. So, if you’ve been needing to give your website a face-lift, there is no better time than the present.
These digital marketing trends will be key when strategizing for the new year. Consumers are no longer interested in generic approaches. They want to see how you are different, what you can offer them specifically, and what you stand for. Learn about their interests and take the time to integrate these marketing trends into the fabrics of your strategies and campaigns this year.
Why is this important?
Listen, we get it. Oftentimes, there is an overwhelming amount of information pertaining to marketing and what you should be implementing and doing differently. And while we empathize with this reality, it is important to note that keeping on top of marketing trends is an essential component of staying ahead of the competition in this digital age.
A big mistake that businesses tend to make when it comes to marketing is doing business as usual. While there are certain key aspects that are consistent and should remain top-of-mind in your efforts, there are also a whole host of others that need to be tweaked more frequently. Continuously identifying new trends can help you stay ahead of the competition and put your best foot forward in your efforts. Doing so will ensure the likelihood of you staying relevant and your marketing strategy being effective.
How can we help?
Keeping an eye out for up-and-coming marketing trends can seem like a whole other job. That’s where we come in. If you’re not seeing that your marketing strategy is as effective as it once was, or you’re struggling to keep up with what you should be doing differently, book a free consultation with us today. We would love to assist you with all of your marketing needs and help you achieve your goals.