Many of today’s consumers are quite tech savvy and rely heavily on the internet to research virtually everything, including doctors they are considering seeing. If you are not managing your online reputation, you are doing yourself a disservice. While you may offer the best service and care to each and every patient you treat, there is bound to be at least one unhappy patient. By being proactive in managing your online reputation you reduce the likelihood and impact of negative reviews. Here are some tips to make the most of your online presence.
1. Complete your profile on doctor rating sites to ensure the information on the web is accurate and up to date.
2. Google search your practice – By checking out sites such as vitals.com, Citysearch, and healthgrades.com you can get a clear view into how your practice rates. If there are negative comments listed, address them, even if they are old. This shows that you are actively seeking to improve upon each patients experience and that you care.
3. Encourage online testimonials from your patients – By asking your patients to rate their experience you are more likely to have success. A happy patient is less likely to write a positive review, however, when asked, most are delighted to! Multiple positive testimonials will outweigh any negative ones. You can make this request by providing your patients with a card that indicates where they can go to rate their experience.
4. Survey your patients regularly – Constructive feedback in the form of an anonymous survey provides vital information about the overall patient experience. Take the feedback received and make any needed changes. The survey also provides your patients with an outlet to express any concerns they may have rather than going online to voice them.
5. Repeat, repeat, repeat – Regularly assess your online reputation to ensure you are shown in the best light possible and again, make changes as needed.
While online negative comments are a minority, it is imperative that you manage your online reputation before it manages you! The internet can be a wonderful marketing tool for your practice when used effectively. There are many companies out there that can help you navigate your way through the web or you can contact me! The virtual world is your oyster – make the most of it!