Let’s face it, people like easy. Video is easy. It’s no wonder that social media posts using video have the most organic reach than any other type of post on Facebook. So what are you doing to increase the amount of engagement on your social media pages? Here are five things your business should be doing to maximize social media exposure and engagement.
- Create a YouTube Channel – YouTube has been around for many years, but many practices aren’t using it. By creating a channel, you create a hub or central location for all of your patient education videos. This increases the likelihood that the person viewing one video will also view another.
- Create a Trailer Video – Trailer videos introduce your business to the online community and increase the likelihood that they will subscribe to your channel. This important video should explain why viewers should tune in and what they can expect to learn. Keep your trailer video short and sweet and make it the first thing people see when visiting your page.
- Embed videos – Each video you create should first be hosted on your YouTube channel. From there you can embed videos onto your website, Facebook page, blog and any other relevant social page. This allows you to ensure visitors can see your videos across multiple platforms. Each platform creates another opportunity for the sharing of your video posts.
- Diversify Your Video Content – There should always be a strategy to your marketing efforts. This includes video marketing. With your target audience in mind, create a plan that meets a need. Determine the topics your videos will cover based upon your video marketing strategy. For example, if your goal is to bring in more patients for a particular procedure, you should include custom curated videos related to this procedure. Remember that education is one of the most important steps to marketing.
- Be Real – The goal of creating videos is to connect with potential patients, referral sources and more. One of the best ways to do this is by creating content that people can connect with. Find out what your visitors respond to and create content with that in mind.
As with any business endeavor, the way you execute your efforts can mean the difference between great success and eh success. By formulating a video marketing strategy, you create an important foundation that will launch your marketing efforts toward growth and positive patient encounters.